Thursday, August 25, 2011

Falling Down - "That's ultra!"

Falling down - it's going to happen if you spend time on trails.  I like this example of how Dakota Jones handles it, writing in the Oct 2010 "Ultrarunning" magazine about running rim-to-rim-to-rim at the Grand Canyon.  He says ...

"I was running down the south rim as the sun was running up the east and I kept looking at the fantastic rays of light spilling over the horizon until one of those awful waterbars that comprise the trail got the best of me and sent me sprawling down the trail.  That's enough to piss anyone off, and I was no different.  Banged up my knee and my hip and scratched the hell out of my palm, but also gave me an excuse to enjoy the view momentarily."

Talk about seeing the bright side of the situation ...

My next example isn't falling down exactly, but it shows the spirit of Andy Jones-Wilkins dealing with some adversity well into the 2009 Leadville 100 miler.  Hard times for sure, but I only hope to handle adversity this well.



Falling down - another thing to work on doing better ...

No comments:

Post a Comment