Wednesday, June 27, 2012

time to get going again

I think I'm really recovered and eager to be running again.  The Punxsutawney 50K (Sept 8) and the JFK 50Miler (Nov 17) are the next long runs I'm focusing on. This training cycle I am going to keep the weekly mileage about the same (maybe a little less), and make the easy days easier, the hard days a little harder, and try to eat right. The Punxsy 50K course has always got the best of me, but I think this might be the year I finally get around it in a competent fashion.

I'd like to share some classic YouTube video from a couple of years ago (this is not me though) illustrating some down-hill running technique,  The first one is on the Punxsutawney 50K course.


In this one, Karl Meltzer talks about running down-hill, and explains that "crashing is part of the deal."


No comments:

Post a Comment