Thursday, July 12, 2012

shoes again

Looking at statistics showing how people find this blog, I see one of the most common search terms bringing people here is "Brooks Cascadia 7" shoes.  Obviously, I need to talk about my favorite shoes more!

The Brooks Cascadia 7's have been working great. When they get really dirty, I just pull the insoles out, drop them in the sink and wash them by hand with dish soap and hot water. A day drying on the deck, and they're ready to go again. I do pay attention to new shoes as they get reviewed, but most of the new shoes coming out aren't for me - I don't like change, and it's hard to find some of them in my size. I've got big feet, and I like some room in the toe box. I buy size 15 running shoes to get the extra room.. It's hard to find shoes in size 14 or 14 1/2 in a wide version. So shopping for size 15 (or 14 W) just doesn't leave me with a lot of choices. The current popularity of 'minimalist' shoes isn't helping matters, but I think for a 200 lb runner the Cascadia may be as minimalist as I want to go anyhow ...


No comments:

Post a Comment